Simple pancake recipe that makes light, fluffy flapjacks. They taste amazing! It's a healthy version of the classic breakfast favorite.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1⅓ cup almond milk
- Optional fruit such as berries
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat egg and mix with all of the other liquid ingredients and combine with the dry ingredients.
- Add optional fruit.
- Melt 1 tbs of butter on a griddle set to 375 (or you can use a large saucepan on med-high heat.)
- Make small circles with the batter on hot griddle. Flip after you see small bubbles form and the edges of the cake start to cook. Cook each side to a golden brown.
- Serve with your choice of toppings.