Homemade granola is incredibly cheap and easy to make! It is crunchy, wholesome, and delicious and goes great with yogurt or as a cereal. I have often filled mason jars with homemade granola and gave them away as Christmas gifts.
Here is another granola recipe straight from the kitchen. For more recipe ideas, check out Coconut Ginger Granola.
Apple Cranberry GranolaCourse: Granola, Breakfast, SnackDifficulty: Easy
Apple Cranberry Granola is another variation on a simple granola recipe. The chewy cranberries and bright apple flavor is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike!
4 cups oats
½ cup oat/wheat bran
1 cup shredded coconut flakes
4 Tblsp flax seed
3 Tsp cinnamon
1 cup cranberries
1 cup apple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix
- Add apple syrup and mix well with a small spatula
- Put onto a 13X9 inch pan and spread out as much as possible, and put into the oven
- After 10-15 minutes, remove from oven
- Using the spatula, move the mixture around, turning it as much as possible
- Drizzle honey across the pan (a honey bear works great) and put back into the oven
- Bake for another 20 minutes, remove and stir again, add more honey if desired
- Bake for another 10 minutes