The summers can get hot! It can be hard to get creative in the kitchen without cooking or grilling anything, but sometimes you just want to eat a nice, healthy, cold salad.
This recipe has been a go-to for 2 years now, an instant hit. It is super easy to prepare, especially if you have a partner to help you. It is also great for the keto fans out there!
We use Genoa Brand tuna from the grocery store. It comes in olive oil and is quite delicious. It costs more, but the quality is there! All other ingredients are recommended fresh from your local farmers market, or the grocery store.
- 1 can tuna (in olive oil)
- ½ large avocado
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (cherry tomatoes or roma tomatoes are recommended)
- loose leaf spinach (chopped)
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tsp dried basil leaf
- 2 tblsp Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- cracked pepper (to taste)
- sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine tuna, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and feta
- Add in basil and aminos and toss together
- Add in chopped avocado and toss together
- Add in spinach (the amount is up to you, use more to make it go further) and toss together
- Garnish with cracked pepper and sunflower seeds
- Enjoy on the porch with a loved one!
- Serves 2 people
Make a quick and easy dinner in minutes that is healthy and filling and absolutely delicious!