These cookies are quick and easy and absolutely delicious. I once made them after a failed dessert attempt when we were having company over, a saving grace! I highly recommend one of the many optional ingredients you could add to suit it to whoever you need. You could add chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, or butterscotch chips. I would recommend using the mini chips if possible because the cookies are best made in small shapes. I recently made them with added cacao powder for a chocolate peanut butter cookie and it was a big hit. Any kind of peanut butter will do, just be aware that if you use a natural or homemade peanut butter with no added sugar, it will be a stickier dough, but just as delicious.
I make sure I always have the ingredients on hand so I can make these cookies in a pinch! Enjoy!
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup mini dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup Heath Toffee Pieces (optional)
- 1 Tblsp unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the peanut butter, sugar, and egg. Mix well until dough is greasy, but no longer sticky.
- Add in optional additions such as mini chips, toffee pieces, or cocoa powder.
- Roll into small balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Press down with your fingers. Cookies will not spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes approximately. Let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
- Transfer to some parchment paper using a spatula, they will be slightly fragile, so the smaller the better.
- Sample the peanut buttery goodness.