We’ve all been there. Busy week ahead, need to stay on track, and health bars just are not cutting it. These biscuits will freeze well, just take one out and heat it up for a quick breakfast on the go! As always, there is room for you to explore and create your own version of this tasty snack. Let me know what you come up with!
Breakfast BiscuitsCourse: Breakfast, Side Dish, Snack
Delicious and filling, this recipe is great for meal prep for the week. Throw the biscuits in the freezers and just warm up and go!
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried basil
4 tblsp solid coconut oil
1 cup applesauce
1 large apple
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tsp berbere seasoning
⅛ tsp smoked paprika
Cheese of choice (I recommend a smoked gouda or swiss, or pepperjack)
1 lb of bacon, cooked and cut into thirds
- Peel and slice your apple and place in a bowl
- Toss with lemon juice, berbere, and paprika and set aside
- Cut cheese into small slices, about the size of your bacon pieces
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and basil
- Add in coconut oil and press in with a fork, until the flour is crumbly
- Add in applesauce and mix until a non sticky dough forms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Pull out a small handful of doughand stretch so that it is about 3-4 inches long and 1-2 inches wide
- Place a piece of bacon, a piece of cheese, and an apple slice on one end of the dough and wrap the dough around.
- Do this with the rest of the dough. There will be plenty of bacon and cheese to eat while you are preparing the dough. The bacon, cheese, and apple with stick out, that’s okay.
- Place onto a greased pan and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately, at least a few! And freeze the rest. Simply microwave for 30 seconds to defrost and be on your way!