I have been experimenting more with breakfast options since working from home most of the time now. Using my traditional biscuit recipe, I modified it to create these deliciously sweet Blueberry Vanilla Scones for breakfast. Eat them up, freeze them for later, or share with friends and family!
Blueberry Vanilla SconesCourse: Breakfast, SnackDifficulty: Easy
Eat now, and freeze the rest for later! Soft and yummy, these are sure to be a crowd pleaser for the family.
1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
4 Tablespoons solid coconut oil
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl and stir together.
- Add in coconut oil and press into flour with a fork until you get a crumbly consistency, add more if necessary.
- Mix vanilla extract into applesauce.
- Stir applesauce into dry mixture until all combined. Use your hands!
- Add blueberries to dough.
- Use your hands to form the dough into the size and shape desired, and place on a greased pan.
- Sprinkle Vanilla Sugar on top of your scones.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Vanilla Sugar can be substituted with white sugar or omitted.