This is my go-to recipe for pot lucks or parties. It is always a favorite, and I am asked for the recipe quite a bit, so here it is! It is of my own design. It started out by my neighbors needing help in using cilantro from their garden before it went to seed. We used as much as we could, in pasta, in salsa, and in stir frys, but there was still so much more! So I cut as much as I could and based on what else I had in the kitchen at the time, came up with this recipe. It is a simple, taste as you go recipe, so, as always, it has room for people to add a unique taste of their own, and create an entirely different recipe.
What do you have in YOUR kitchen?
- Avocado (1)
- Basil (handful)
- Cilantro (1-2 bunches)
- Spinach (handful)
- *Garlic (optional, but recommended)
- *Red Onion (optional, but recommended)
- 1 Lime (optional)
- ½ lemon (optional)
- Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend!
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and black pepper
- Best served with fresh vegetables or pita chips