Whether you are gathering with your family or staying home this Thanksgiving, give the gift of some homemade stuffing. Guaranteed to warm the body and soul and put a smile on your face! When they ask where you got it from, you can shrug modestly and say “Oh this? I made it myself.”
Homemade StuffingCourse: Recipes, Dinner, Side DishDifficulty: Easy
A quick and easy Thanksgiving side dish made with the freshest ingredients!
2 carrots sliced or diced
3 stalks celery sliced
3 garlic cloves sliced
¼ red onion sliced
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes sliced
1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
Herbs – oregano, basil, sage, thyme, salt, pepper
4 cups cubed bread, left overnight
- Cut up the bread the night before and leave out on the counter to harden slightly. I recommend a homemade loaf or a hearty sourdough.
- Sautee carrots and onion in olive oil on the stovetop
- Add celery and garlic and continue to cook on medium heat
- Toss the bread cubes with olive oil and herbs, set aside
- Sprinkle herbs into the saucepan
- Add chicken stock and sun-dried tomatoes and simmer, covered 15 minutes
- Turn off heat, add bread cubes
- Toss together and serve
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Just reheat and serve!