As the leaves fall, and we get our sweaters out, our bodies start to crave warmer meals. It is a perfect time to whip up some warm waffles and get the house smelling wonderful. Eat now and freeze the rest for a quick breakfast throughout the week!
Ginger Spiced WafflesCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
Perfect for any season! Spice up your breakfast!
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 tblsp baking powder
2 tblsp coconut sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ginger powder
2 eggs, divided into whites and yolks
1⅔ cup almond milk
⅓ cup liquid coconut oil
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix egg yolks, milk, and butter. Set aside.
- *In a separate bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg yolk mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in egg whites.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased waffle iron, close the lid and cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, or jam!
- *Beating the egg whites and folding them in makes the fluffiest waffles. This recipe can be made without beating the egg whites as well. If you do not beat the egg whites, reduce milk to 1½ cups, and add whole eggs to the butter mixture.