A colorful layered salad is the perfect eye-catching dish for any public event. With its visual “pop,” it really stands out in a crowd of casseroles, and let’s not forget, it tastes just as good as it looks!
This recipe pairs well with practically any main course, side dish, and can work for any season. Anywhere you decide to take it, you can’t go wrong.
In a sea of hot dishes, this salad is bound to be a real looker at the next potluck and just wait until they taste it!
7 Layer SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
Romaine Lettuce – 1 head, chopped
Celery – 3 stalks, chopped
Frozen peas – 1 cup
Green Onion – 3/4 cup chopped
Cheddar Cheese – 1 cup shredded
Peppered Bacon – 12 oz cooked and chopped (crispy works best)
Plain Yogurt – 1 cup
Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
Honey – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 Tablespoon
Seasonings – cumin, salt, pepper, herbs
- Prepare dressing by mixing yogurt with garlic, honey, lemon juice, and seasonings to taste. Careful not to overdo the salt because the bacon will add some saltiness to the salad.
- In a large bowl add chopped romaine lettuce
- Add chopped celery on top of romaine
- Add frozen peas on top of celery
- Add chopped green onion on top of frozen peas
- Add dressing and spread across top
- Add shredded cheese
- Top with chopped peppered bacon (cooked)
- Chill until ready to serve